A successful and extremely high profile customer focussed logistics solution company with national presence is seeking a Transport Coordinator. Based on site at its client in North East Lincolnshire area, you will be responsible for coordinating their logistics contract. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, up to 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, amazing pension scheme and advancement opportunities across other contracts.
Working days, 7:00am - 15:00pm, Monday to Friday. Based in North East Lincolnshire area, you will successfully coordinate schedules, arrange our client's deliveries, collections, give instructions to contracted hauliers and liaise with end clients re delivery times.
The role requires a high standard of administration skills, excellent customer service and good experience/knowledge of the transport industry.
As the Transport Coordinator your duties will include:
- Responsible to the Contract Manager for the operation of designated areas of their contract's logistics operation
- Responsible for accepting instructions from the client on site, giving instructions to hauliers, and ensuring all delivery and collection requirements are in line with both the Customer requirements and our own Quality standards.
- Responsible to the Contract Manager for the organisation and good housekeeping of the areas designated.
- Required to ensure the bespoke transport system is used to co-ordinate transport activities
- Responsible for ensuring that customers are advised of any delays, etc. of their deliveries / collections and resulting accurate updating of the system
- Required to liaise with the Contract Manager and other Transport Co-ordinators to ensure smooth hand-over at beginning and end of each shift.
- Responsible for checking trailers are loaded according to correct standards.
- Responsible for liaising with shunters and loaders on site
- Required to check drivers in/out and co-ordinate paperwork
- Responsible to ensure that transport instructions are in line with the company Business Quality management procedures.
To be a successful Transport Coordinator you will have the following skills and experience:
- Logistics Coordinator, Transport Planner, Transport Coordinator, Logistics Admin or Transport Admin experience is desirable
- Great organisational skills
- High standard of administration skills
- Good customer service skills
- Intermediate IT skills: especially with Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Some knowledge of transport management systems and or tracking systems is ideal
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changes to the schedules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to keep calm in an often demanding role
In return, the Transport Coordinator will receive a salary between £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience), up to 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and will have a chance to work for a modern thinking progressive business. This is a chance to put your own stamp on the contract and make an impact.
*** Transport Planner , Logistics Planner , Transport Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator , Logistics , Transport , Distribution , transport planning , vehicle compliance , driver compliance , O Licence , Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Scunthorpe, Immingham, Hull, North East Lincolnshire***
- Logistics Coordinator
- transport planning
- Transport Coordinator
- O Licence
- Logistics Planner
- driver compliance
- vehicle compliance
- *** Transport Planner