To be responsible for the day to day organisation of the acceptance and subsequent distribution of materials, by the acceptance of orders on a day to day basis and to ensure that the customers’ needs are fulfilled.
The duties are many and varied, but the list below is considered to be the basic requirements:
1. Accepting orders by:
• Establishing the customers’ needs.
• Establishing the timing of delivery.
• Establishing the flexibility of delivery from the customer.
• Establishing the programme of that customer by day, week or indeed month.
2. Laying off orders by sources and by hauliers.
3. Liaison with both customers and sources as to the programmed deliveries being affected during the day and adjusting the DOC if necessary.
4. Regular contact with the customer during the day in order to advise of potential problems or delays.
5. Problem resolving, both with regard to haulage and source of material on a day to day basis.
6. The maintenance of a site contract name and telephone number.
7. Follow up contact with site to secure next day’s requirement.
8. Establishing a preferential haulage list based on their individual performance.
9. Locating new haulage contractors.
10. Liaising with management on source/haulage/site problems.
11. To identify opportunities to increase profitability and efficiency and report these to your line manager/sales person.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job