We have built our reputation in the Construction Industry, migrated our expertise and integrated our services to become the leading partner for Aggregate Supply, Waste Management & Recycling, Ready-Mixed Concrete, Earthworks and Demolition.
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and invest in the professional development of our people. The approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued business expansion Mick George Ltd are now seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our busy operations team based at our head office in Huntingdon. As a Transport Coordinator for the Transport department, you will join the existing team and be responsible for coordinating the day to day transport operational movements of our large fleet of Tippers, Skips, Grabs and Sweepers.
About the Role
- Manage and control the transport network function of the Skip/ Tipper and Grab department.
- Ensure a first class service is received by the end customer.
- Ensure that deliveries are completed on time and efficiently and all traffic activities are accurately documented and reported.
- Liaise with the compliance team ensuring Legislative and procedural compliance on maintenance and WTD.
- First point of contact for driver for all briefing and de-briefing.
- Optimising the use of the entire fleet ensuring that we remain efficient and cost effective at all times.
- Liaising with other sites/ departments across the company.
- Provide instructions/ support to our drivers on two way radios.
- Deal with customer enquiries by telephone and ensure all queries are dealt with timely and efficiently.
- Ensure all databases are up to date with the most accurate information.
- Proactively seek to maintain no late deliveries or missed time slots.
Key Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of waste, skips, aggregate types and tipper Lorries. (Desirable)
- At least 1 years previous transport experience in Transport Coordination.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work load.
- Composure under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT literacy.
- Fast learner.
Mick George Ltd (MGL) is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. The company seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large and values the individual’s contribution irrespective of sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job