Transport Coordinator required. My client is a global company which has grown and adapted within the industry into an independent group that supplies specialist products to the construction industry.
Due to the on-going success and profitable business wins our client is looking to expand by appointing an experienced Transport coordinator to join the team. My client is looking for an individual with energy, enthusiasm who is able to work well under pressure.
Our client is looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills, an outgoing personality with a passion for success. Knowledge of working within the construction / building services would be highly beneficial although not essential. However, experience within the transport / logistics industry is required.
Transport Coordinator - Aggregates / Concrete - Position Overview
- Direct customer contact for pricing and product enquiries
- Take orders accurately from customers, agree quantity, delivery times and dates
- Plan and implement the daily deliveries to maximise the economic use of the transport fleet using our in-house logistics software
- Liaison with drivers to manage deliveries to the agreed customer deadlines
- Finding solutions to unexpected daily issues e.g. breakdowns, punctures etc.
- Maintaining daily contact with customers until order fulfilled
- Work closely with the Transport Manager to maintain driver resource levels
Transport Coordinator - Aggregates / Concrete - Position Requirements
- Proven background in a transport / logistics operations position.
- Excellent communicator, hardworking and flexible
- Well organised and capable of using your own initiative
- Excellent team player
- Excellent IT skills
- Full UK driving licence
Transport Coordinator - Aggregates / Concrete - Position Remuneration
- Salary £24,000 - £28,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Monday - Friday, 07:00 - 18:00
- 28 days' holiday, including bank
- Pension scheme
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy