We are a busy airfreight transport company based at Manchester Freight Terminal who require a Transport Controller whose duties will include:
- Planning of up to 25 vehicles per night ranging from vans to artics.
- Monitoring driver performance and deadlines, ensuring all work is completed daily and customer instructions met (timed jobs, AM / PM etc)
- Resolve customer queries in a timely professional manner
- Assist in generating quotes for customers where needed.
- Utilise the fleet to it's maximum, keeping costs down wherever possible
This role can be very demanding and may require additional hours as the role dictates, especially during the initial training period.
A keen eye for detail is required to accommodate customer requirements and a knowledge of vehicle dimensions and load capabilities a distinct advantage as well as driver
Excellent UK geographical knowledge.
Alternate shift patterns
Earlies 7am - 5pm
Lates 11am - 9pm
Alternate Sunday afternoons for a couple of hours
Salary £25k per annum subject to references, a 5 year checkable history for level CO purposes
Benefits include pension, free parking, and excellent chances of progression within a small but committed team with Manchester being a key area of expansion for the UCH Group in the immediate future.