Transport Controller - Transport and Logistics - Solihull
Salary C: £21K BaseJob Summary:
To provide an exceptional experience via all communication channels as the first point of contact to our clients and partners where 'going the extra mile and more’ is part of the daily activity. To take ownership of ensuring an efficient and accurate process around all collection and deliveries. Focusing on effective routing to maximise efficiency and commercial returns.Key Duties:
- Telephone liaison with customers, taking courier bookings, calculating quotes and advising ETA’s
- Dispatching drivers to make collections and deliveries - ensuring driver fully aware of customer requirements
- Enter details of deliveries and collections onto internal transport management system.
- Monitoring job / driver progress via GPS tracking
- Processing information to enable invoice production.
- Overseeing fleet maintenance including service and breakdowns / accidents.
- Ensuring that vehicles and drivers are operating effectively and profitably.
- Managing all self-employed drivers job allocation and negotiating payments
- Routing of deliveries and collections
- Receiving and distributing keys to drivers at the start and end of shift
- Working with all team members as necessary.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Time & Organisational Management
- Strong Customer Focus
- Able to work varying shifts
- Ability to build effective client relationships
- Geographical Knowledge
- Strong IT Skills
- Proactivity & self-motivation
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Flexibility -24/7 operation
- Excellent problem solving skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"