Control Room Operator
40 hours - 14:00 - 22:30 (Monday - Friday)
£18,000 - £22,000 dependant on experience
At the heart of Yodel delivery business, we have 3 National Sort and Transport Hubs based in Hatfield, Wednesbury and Shaw receiving parcels from our high-profile clients, sorting these and ensuring safe delivery to one of our 45+ National Service Centres.
Yodel handle 155 million+ parcels a year and 1 million+ delivered on a peak day and so at the heart of business are our Sort Teams, you and your team are essential to our business!
Our Hatfield Sort is looking to recruit experienced Control Room Operator's. If you've previously worked within the logistics environment, or in a similar Control Room environment then this is the ideal role for you.
The role of Control Flow Room Operator carries out the day to day Control Room operations ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and the site runs in a cost-effective manner supporting the strategic direction of the wider business. They will work with the Transport and Sort Centre team on a daily basis.
About the Role:
• To oversee the effective execution of all planned inbound and outbound activity for the sort within agreed service levels
• To utilise internal systems and processes to ensure efficiency of all trailer movements on site
• To liaise effectively with the Transport & Sort teams, working together to ensure all targets are hit and work together with an aim to exceed targeted expectations
• To ensure high operating standards ensuring the sort function fulfils its responsibilities to the wider business
• To coordinate vehicle movements around the site
• Provide regular activity updates to the management team
• Liaise with other members of the team and report any issues with machinery to Warehouse Operatives and engineers on site
• To communicate operational issues in a timely and accurate manner to ensure appropriate management action is taken
• To liaise with Transport & Sort management to actively seek ways to improve ways of working
• To respond effectively to changes in Transport & Sort activities during peak periods and special events
• To have an effective involvement in projects at a local and business wide level
• To adhere to the Health and Safety standards set for the site
• Operational knowledge of sort operations and yard management systems
• It is very important in this role that applicants a strong communicator and be computer literate
• Ideally have experience working within a Transport/Logistic environment
• Ideally, you'll also have extensive knowledge of Health and Safety
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'