Role: Transport Compliance Officer
Salary: 35K – Dependant on Industry Experience
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
A rapidly growing Waste Management Company is looking for an experienced Transport Compliance Supervisor to join their Barking Depot.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Our client is currently looking for a Transport Compliance Supervisor with experience in the Waste management/Recycling/ Construction Sector. The primary responsibility of the Transport Compliance Supervisor is to ensure compliance across the Depot and assist the Transport Manager where necessary.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Manage inductions and training for all drivers
- Ensure all drivers training is completed update training/licensing matrix and include CPC, CSCS and other qualifications.
- Administer the vehicle defect reporting process.
- Escalate any failures to ensure ongoing improvements and full compliance.
- Collaborate with HR/H&S departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance violations.
- Respond to complaints from clients and members of the public. Keep a record of complaints.
- Monitor the implementation of driving at work policies and procedures.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes to our organisational processes.
- Conduct regular driver/ Staff (tool-box talks) briefings to improve performance, operations, compliance, health and safety, clients concerns and other relevant issues to driver’s responsibilities.
- Conduct regular scheduled Drivers Tacho downloads, overall monitoring and ensuring that all infringements identified from the Tachograph analysis are reported and actioned, maintain ongoing audit records.
- General administration duties
- Ongoing training for Supervisor, CPC, CILT (Chartered institute of logistics and transport) etc.
You’ll also have:
- Experience within a Transport Compliance position; Transport Compliance Officer, Compliance Officer, Transport Supervisor
- Experience within the Waste Industry, Construction Or Plant Hire will be advantageous
- Experience in Tool Box Talks, Tacho Graphs, Driver Training etc.
- Experience managing employee inductions, general admin, reviewing documentation/licenses
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Driving License is Essential
- Transport Compliance Experience: 3 years
- Waste Industry Experience: 2 Years
- Tool Box Talks, Tachograph’s, Driver Training: 3 Years
Required licence or certification:
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence
- CPC – Advantageous
- CILT - Advantageous
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job