Driving Plus are looking for a Transport Clerk to join our team at their client's site in Swindon. You will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of the site.
The main responsibilities are to check-in and check-out registration of drivers, reporting their absence, organize the transport, handling, storage and transportation of goods and provision of logistic services. This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office.
You will be required to work on rotating shifts: morning shifts from 6am to 2pm or afternoon shifts from 2pm to 10pm. This is a brand new operation working on a new multi-purpose site and flexibility to work weekends is essential.
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
- Plan, organize and control activities related to transportation
- Excellent customer service
- Direct workers for loading and unloading of consignments, goods and means of transport
- Respect the law on road traffic public, domestic and international traffic of goods
- Coordinate team that prepares all documents and obtain all documents necessary for legal circulation on public roads
- Obtain licenses for transport and execution of motor vehicle
- Follow due dates for renewal of licenses, permits, etc. and reports to supervisors/managers to initiate appropriate action
- Find optimal solutions for transport and communicate solutions to the clients
- Assisting in the compilation of weekly transport statistics
- Handle day to day queries from internal departments
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Computer literate and competent with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, good keyboard skills
- Communication, forward planning and negotiation skills
- Ability to learn and practice used in maintenance, repairs and operations of motor vehicles
- Ability to organize/schedule/prioritize request of vehicle or jobs
- Ability to maintain records of vehicle operations
- Numeracy skills
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within supply chain operations highly desirable
What we offer;
Day shifts - £8.50 per hour
Interviews will be held immediately
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you.
- transport clerk