A leading pharmaceutical logistics company are looking for a Transport and Warehouse Coordinator based in Cambridge.
The client has over 30 years of dedicated experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science logistics sectors. The company has built up a unique, client-centric approach by employing scientists in front-line logistics positions and assembling a team of best-in-class industry experts in quality, cold chain and regulatory compliance amongst others. They have offices in China, Japan, Singapore, UK, Belgium, South Africa and numerous locations throughout the continental U.S.
Main Purpose of Job:
To control and coordinate the day to day activities of the UK Transport department (excluding Edinburgh) and UK Transport Service Partners, making the most cost-effective use of resources and providing the highest quality service to clients in support of our strategic goals.
Transport Responsibilities will include
Driver communications and resolving on road issues
Maintenance of driver working hours
Management of fuel consumption and expenses
Organisation of driver's annual leave
Warehouse duties will include:
Monitor and actively manage stock levels
Ensure replenishment orders are placed as required
Ensure orders/packaging dispatches are processed in the most cost effective and timely manner
Maintenance of all reusable packaging systems
Maintenance of all storage logs to 100% accuracy
Essential Skills and Experience
* Must have experience of working within transport planning and or warehouse
* Proven ability to work well under time pressure
* Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
* Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Experience in the pharmaceutical logistics sector
* Collaborative approach, working across functional areas and cultures
* Use/preparation of temperature-controlled packaging solutions
* Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbal and written, with a passion for providing customer service excellence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job