We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Administrator to join the operations team of this leading multinational transportation company based in their offices in Barking.
We are looking for a candidate with good knowledge of the container transport industry and experience in liner shipping.
The aim of the role is to provide administrative support to all transport functions and to provide management information and operational analysis to support the correct steering of the business:
- Administer all wasted journey costs and detention claims through Exception Handling System.
- Co-ordinate transport booking amendments with the transport team.
- Quality check transport pricing and reconcile with hauliers.
- Maintain OCR invoice queries for haulier and depot.
- Support vendor evaluations as per quality manuals.
- Handle quotations for specialised inland haulage requests and arrange if haulage confirmed.
- Update and maintain Route Mode and Base Route catalogues in FIS.
- Update and maintain transport cost catalogues in FIS.
- Monitor vendor service levels.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of Base Route Catalogues; Standard Costs within the online system; Quotation of Actual Costs to internal departments for standard and special handling of routings and the maintenance of Organisational Catalogues, including Vendor Hierarchy.
- Provide support for ad-hoc project work.
The successful candidate will already possess the skills listed below:
- Good knowledge of Port Community Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- A willingness to show flexibility in support of the team.
- A dynamic approach to seek operational solutions.
- An assertive approach when handling transport problems with vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict time pressures.
- Ability to progress and resolve problems on own initiative.
- High level of accuracy and numeracy
This permanent position is paying a salary of X for the right candidate. If you think you have the skills and experience for the role, then we’d love to hear from you!