Staffline are looking for a Transport Administrator to join our team at their client's site in Crewe. You will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of the site.
The main responsibilities are to check-in and check-out registration of drivers, reporting their absence, organise the transport, handling, storage and transportation of goods and provision of logistic services. This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office.
You will be required to work on 4 on 4 off day's rota basis on night shifts.
Flexibility to work weekends is essential.
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
- Plan, organise and control activities related to transportation
- Excellent customer service
- Manual checks as required
- Direct workers for loading and unloading of consignments, goods and means of transport
- Respect the law on road traffic public, domestic and international traffic of goods
- Coordinate team that prepares all documents and obtain all documents necessary for legal circulation on public roads
- Obtain licenses for transport and execution of motor vehicle
- Follow due dates for renewal of licenses, permits, etc. and reports to supervisors/managers to initiate appropriate action
- Find optimal solutions for transport and communicate solutions to the clients
- Assisting in the compilation of weekly transport statistics
- Handle day to day queries from internal departments
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Computer literate and competent with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, good keyboard skills
- Communication, forward planning and negotiation skills
- Ability to learn and practice used in maintenance, repairs and operations of motor vehicles
- Ability to organise/schedule/prioritise request of vehicle or jobs
- Ability to maintain records of vehicle operations
- Numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
Full training will be provided.
What we offer;
- £9.00 per hour
Interviews will be held immediately
- transport administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job