A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about theTransport Administrator role
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and competent Transport Administrator who can provide excellent support to our depot in Larkhall. Our ideal candidate will ideally have knowledge of a Logistics or Distribution and currently be looking to further your career in an expanding, fast paced Logistics environment. We would also like you to demonstrate strong administration skills, ensuring that our Larkhall depot is well organised, compliant and continues to succeed.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Transport Administrator
- Remain compliant with all company requirements for ensuring Driver licence & Driver CPC checks
- Remain compliant with company requirements for accident management reporting including damage to property claims.
- Responding to telephone calls in a timely manner providing a friendly and supportive service
- Providing administrative support to the Depot Manager
- Inputting and maintaining data on to the fleet management system
- General office administration duties and answering ad hoc queries
- Handling driver queries & any issues with contractor payments
- Ensure all devices are signed out and quality is recorded;
- Make checks on HHT device vs condition of leaving;
- Ensure any issues are recorded for appropriate action to be taken;
- Ensure all devices (except those whose routes will be rerun) have 'end of day’ checks completed.
- Ensure any in house repairs are carried out on devices/docks
- Record all devices to be sent to the Service Desk and complete a returns form
A few things about you
Our ideal Transport Administrator will have:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, customer care and communication skills
- Supporting and communicating the company values and be highly driven by quality
- Passion and drive to succeed
- Microsoft Office skills - especially Excel.
- Previous transport & logistics experience
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Transport Administrator apply now!