Transport Administrator / £18-20k / North Kent
My client, a successful business in North Kent are looking for an enthusiastic administrator to join them as a Transport Administrator on a full time permanent basis.
- Provide administrative support in respect of monitoring the progress of vehicles both in collecting loads at the appointed time and their delivery destination.
- Undertake 'out of hours' duties in respect of handling calls and updating drivers, loading/delivery points with relevant information to ensure we provide an effective service to customers.
- Establish a good working rapport in support of the Export and Import Planning Operations.
- Interact both with Export and Import Planners to understand the details of loads and the required communication with both owner drivers and subcontractors.
- Input the required booking information into the computer system and update as necessary based on information provided regarding arrival/departure and delivery times.
- Liaise and instruct drivers on the details of each job they undertake to ensure that all of the relevant information, including dates, times for loading/delivery, address detail and temperature requirements are understood and can be met.
- Maintain the journey/job details on the traffic sheet so that we have a record of all activities and the information can be used by the team to assess available resource and forward plan activity.
- Manage all ferry bookings enquiries.
- Communicate with owner drivers/subcontractors with daily update.
- Communicate with planners to ensure that booking times are agreed in line with expectations.
- Control the printing of freight contracts and drivers instructions relevant to specific arrangements and issue paperwork and/or send emails/text/fax as appropriate to owner drivers or subcontractors.
- Responsible to inform planners if ferry bookings are not confirmed.
- Monitor and maintain customer KPIs when applicable
- Support each other in the team when necessary.
The successful candidate will be a strong administrator with a solid CV demonstrating a background in an office environment and good communication skills. Any experience in transport would be an advantage, but you will be offered full training. You will have intermediate - advanced Excel skills, a strong attention to detail and an outgoing, positive personality.
- "trasnport" "logistics" "transport planner" "administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job