I'm currently looking either a Transmission Engineer or a Senior Transmission Engineer to help my client, a leading provider of engineering software and solutions in the automotive sector. The role will be based in the Nottinghamshire area with a salary circa £30,000 for the Transmission Engineer and around £40,000+ for the Senior Transmission Engineer.
(PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE COLLEAUGES THAT HAVE SIMILAR POSITIONS ON A CONTRACT BASIS FOR THE SAME CLIENT!)
- Construction of complex CAE models, suitable for highly detailed analysis.
- Transmission system and component analysis and optimisation using a variety of CAE methods.
- Generating detailed technical reports suitable for delivery to customers.
- Supporting the software team in the development of the flagship MASTA software by utilising and reporting on the latest software features.
- Assisting the customer support team, using your knowledge of the MASTA software to present to potential customers and assist in answering support requests from existing customers.
- Providing assistance and training to less experienced colleagues.
- Training global customers in the use of the MASTA software, either over web conference or by travelling to customer site for durations usually lasting between 2 days and 2 weeks.
- Mentoring junior members of the engineer team.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position is degree educated with a final qualification of 2:1 or higher in a relevant discipline. At least 2 years' experience with transmission and driveline systems is required for the Transmission Engineer and for the Senior role, at least 5 years' experience with transmission and driveline systems is required, along with a successful track record of leading a team or supporting junior team members.
- Specialist knowledge with any of the following topics would be extremely beneficial:
- Gear design and analysis
- Casing/Housing design
- Engineering component/system design or analysis
- Transmission Efficiency
Prior experience working with any of the following software packages would be extremely beneficial:
- Full UK driving license preferred.
- Full MASTA training will be provided to successful candidates that have no prior experience of the software.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, or anyone you know, then please reply to this email and if you'd like to apply, attach your latest CV. If this role isn't relevant to you, I work with many Engineering companies bases around the UK, if you're looking for something different, or simply want to see what positions I do have available, then please still reply. You never what you could be missing out on!
Not for you? Premier Group offer up to £500 for anyone that you can refer to us for this position who is placed with my Client after a successful interview. Just forward my details to them and send me an email once it's done! Pretty much free money if they are successful!
Premier are acting as an employment agency