Translational Medicine Scientist Molecular Data Expert
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
We are looking for a candidate who is as passionate as us to join our mission in finding new medical treatments.
You are a biomedical scientist with a passion for applying insights from human ‘omics data analysis to impact drug discovery and clinical development programmes at BenevolentAI. With translational experience in one or more ‘omic modalities (e.g. human genetics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics), you are somebody who thrives in a multidisciplinary team working at the intersection of biology, data science and drug discovery, based in central London’s knowledge quarter. Applying your experience in human biology, you will be responsible for interpreting the output of machine learning analyses in genetics and ‘omics data in order to form hypotheses about the causes of disease that can be tested in the lab or the clinic. You will formulate biological questions raised by our drug discovery programmes that can be addressed by machine learning and data science, and work with colleagues to answer them.
We have a particular focus on Precision Medicine. In particular, deriving and applying more precise definitions of disease, and discovering medicines tailored to patients in those groups. We derive endotype descriptions from multi-modal data and predict biomarkers to describe them and drug targets to treat them.
The dynamic environment that you will join at BenevolentAI offers many opportunities for a talented, motivated individual to influence the development of our drug discovery programmes and our platform technology. You will be working to make precision medicine a reality alongside Benevolent’s world-class teams of data scientists and biologists, and an international network of external collaborators.
- You will bring expertise in the analysis and interpretation of ‘omics data (genetics, transcriptomics, epigenomics or proteomics) to Benevolent’s precision medicine products.
- You will have worked on understanding human disease from a research or clinical perspective.
- You will work as a member of a cross-functional team comprising specialists in informatics, engineering, AI, drug discovery and product). In these teams, you will apply the latest advances in machine learning to drug discovery and development.
- You will define the scientific and technical problems in delivering precision medicine to develop new solutions within your team, influence a precision medicine approach across the company and be part of collaborative teams with external partners.
- You will drive an approach of ‘clinic first’ to define unmet medical needs in patient-level data and match targets that address that need to existing or new therapeutic agents.
- Development and management of external collaborations
- Management of scientific outputs such as publications.
We are looking for someone with...
- A PhD in biology, genetics, bioinformatics or related field of research.
- At least one first-author publication or equivalent in the fields of biology, drug discovery or bioinformatics.
- Experience handling, analysing and interpreting large-scale ‘omics datasets and or genetic data, including genome-wide approaches.
- Experience in at least one programming language e.g. Python (preferred) or R.
- Experience working with standard data science tools
- Collaborative, team-oriented, able to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
Nice to have...
3 years or more experience in drug discovery or development, or translational science in a commercial or academic setting.
- Experience in interpretation of omics and/or biomarker data and biomolecular network-based approaches.
- Understanding of clinical development and trial design.
- Familiarity with biomarker discovery and development.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'