Translation Team Leader £22K - £23K
Your new company
Successful international company based in the North East
Your new role
- To oversee and monitor output and effectiveness of a team of content writers/translators whilst providing direction, coaching and guidance
- Reporting to the Content and Customer Service Managers with both team and individual performance
- Assigning content / customer service tasks, hosting regular meetings to discuss current and upcoming work, and highlighting any team issues or concerns.
- Oversee the quality and consistency of translated customer services, as well as content across the website, including product descriptions, blog posts, banner taglines and Landing Pages.
- To demonstrate a knowledge of key brands, products and trends
- To help create and establish the company 'voice' - Within the company. It is important that our brand is consistent in line with the companies image on all website locales
- Be proactive in identifying areas for improvement to keep us ahead of the competition
- Support the team managers in the development of employees providing ongoing training to all new and current staff members
- Assist management in HR duties such as holding staff reviews and interviewing for new roles
- Assist on all ad-hoc translation requirements
- Collate information to support management with reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fluency in French and German and English
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- An excellent knowledge of industry-specific terminology in both French and German
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively lead a small team
- Excellent time management
- Impeccable attention to detail, follow-through and ability to focus in an energetic and dynamic environment
- A knowledge of Magento and CRM software would be advantageous
- To actively follow and promote company health and safety
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.