Wessex Translations is an award winning specialist language company with a highly regarded reputation for providing professional language services to a wide range of public and private sector organisations around the world.
We pride ourselves on our rapid, customer-driven service but never allow speed to place the quality of our service at risk. We have a core team of linguists, project managers and quality management staff based at our purpose built, modern and busy office based on the outskirts of Romsey in the Hampshire countryside.
To quality review, revise and enhance translations provided by external translation suppliers and revisers.
- Checking, updating and formatting amended translations.
- Anticipating and resolving queries from translators, revisers and customers.
- Assisting Production Managers with supplier recommendations and quotations as required.
- Ensuring that Production and Project Managers are kept up to date with project progression and delivery schedule changes.
- Updating the Project Management System with the progress of jobs as required.
- Providing customers with completed jobs as directed by Production and Project Managers.
- Ensuring TM and termbases databases are updated as required.
Qualifications, competencies and other requirements
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s level (or equivalent) in German and ideally in one or more additional languages or the demonstrable equivalent experience in languages.
- Relevant experience in a similar working environment, ideally using linguistic skills on a regular basis would be an advantage.
- Demonstrably high standards of numeracy and literacy in written and spoken English.
- An organised approach to work with good attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- A good team player with strong self-motivation, organisation and personal time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Meet statutory requirements to live and work in the UK.
The usual office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm with one hour for lunch. The role may require some additional 'out of hours' effort therefore a flexible approach to both work and travel is important.
Please provide a covering letter and CV with your application.
Applicants invited for interview will be expected to complete our application form, provide evidence or their right to live and work in the UK and evidence of their qualifications.
This post is based at our offices in Michelmersh, 3 miles north of Romsey, Hampshire. Due to its location it is essential that applicants have either their own transport or guaranteed lifts to and from the office.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"