Translation Project Manager - French and/or German Speaking
thebigword is a global, technology enabled language solutions provider, that delivers translation (written word) and interpreting (spoken word) services. thebigword employs 500 people based in 13 offices in 11 countries, working with more than 12,000 linguists worldwide.
At the centre of thebigword approach is delivering customer focussed solutions, of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
We require a fluent French and/ or German Speaking Project Manager, capable of handling the translation needs of our French / German speaking clients. This is a challenging, busy role, requiring a combination of project management and IT skills to successfully deliver projects to many high profile clients. You will act as the key point of contact with your clients, managing multiple translation projects within budget and in a timely & efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver projects within specified timescales. Your communication skills will be second to none, having the skill to develop relationships with key stakeholders quickly.
The ideal candidate will efficiently manage multiple client relationships across numerous projects, acting as the key point of contact throughout the project lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for all aspects of the projects managed to ensure a quality and on time delivery to the client.
• Using the minimum standards framework to drive consistent, high quality delivery, which retains client revenue.
• Fully understand the client’s business and proactively work with the Sales team to identify and implement best practice translation workflows, increased automation to reduce the cost of the process and to develop new opportunities for growth.
• Build, maintain and develop internal and external relationships with key stakeholders through effective written, verbal and face-to-face communication.
• Ensure a full understanding of project requirements prior to providing a quotation and/or launching a project.
• Provide best practice solutions to clients.
• Conduct risk analysis and manage client expectations as necessary.
• Effectively manage the relationship with the client and work with them to understand areas of dissatisfaction to increase revenue and enhance client experience. (Identify and implement improvements where needed to address these).
• Manage own GM and spend effectively in order to meet financial targets.
• Support all other members of the team and act as a mentor for junior team members.
• Document and update all project-specific processes and guidelines.
• Prepare, attend and participate in internal account and post project review meetings.
• Ensure all feedback is logged in a timely manner and escalate as necessary to the Project Director and Service Excellence Team
• Understand and apply correct escalation paths for department-specific or cross-departmental issues
Key knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Previous Project/Account Management experience running multiple projects simultaneously
• Customer Service experience ideally gained in a corporate environment
• Time management/prioritisation skills
• Delegation skills
• Negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Cross and upselling skills
• Financial awareness/budget management
• Experience of a fast paced, environment, working to tight deadlines
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role, then please click the" apply online" button
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability