Are you a Qualified Transitions Social Worker who thrives on helping young adults move into adult life ? You will be based in a key location in Bridgend with an attractive hourly rate of between £22- 27.50 per hour.
You should be qualified and experienced in working with people with disabilities and have an awareness of issues facing young people and their carers during their transition process from children to adult services. You will also have a dedicated consultant to help and guide you through the recruitment process.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team in a vibrant working environment
As part of being a Transitional Social Worker you would need to carry a caseload of complex cases going through transition from Children to Adult's Services.
You would also need to
- monitor young people with a learning disability, physical disability or sensory impairment between the ages of 15 and 19 years old who are likely to be in receipt of a substantial package of care.
- plan the transition for young people with a learning disability, physical disability or sensory impairment between children's and adult's services to ensure consistency and to help reduce the anxiety for the young person and their carer.
- undertake statutory duties including casework responsibilities, with respect to young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, or sensory impairments, in accordance with legislative requirements for the delivery of children's services and community care.
- be familiar with legislation, policies, services and working practices, including, Person Centre Plans and Care Plans and reviews, relating to the care management of young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, or sensory impairments, both in the Children's Services and Younger Adults Services.
You need to
- have obtained a Social Work Degree
- have a full enhanced DBS
- be registered on the Social Care Wales
- be able to drive
If this sounds like the job for you and you are looking to work within a friendly and supportive team with competitive pay rates then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. To avoid missing out on this fantastic position please apply by calling or via email.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.