Transactional Finance Manager job opportunity for a growing but already established business in central London
Your new company
You will be working for an energy business based in central London. This business is highly established in a promising market place, based in highly attractive offices. The business is also growing successfully and has a great working culture.
Your new role
This job role has come about to cover a maternity leave. The Finance team of 20 is seeking a Transactional Finance Manager to supervise a team of 6 for a minimum of 12 months. This is a fixed term contract with the likely option to extend. You will be supervising the purchase and sales ledgers, responsibilities related to banking and cash as well as supervising credit control. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Supervise and train where needed a team of 6
- Ensure all purchase ledger transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner by the team
- Manage the review of expense claims to ensure they are correctly coded, authorised and the VAT is treated correctly
- Ensure bank postings are up to date at all times
- Manage the day to day activity of the Accounts team ensuring that all daily and weekly tasks are carried out accurately and kept up to date at all times
- Continually evaluate and evolve procedures and controls to ensure transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Work closely with the Group Financial to ensure every member of the team understands their role and responsibilities, is on a suitable development path and is motivated to work positively
- Manage the credit control function ensuring all debts are paid on time
What you'll need to succeed
You must have at least 5 years experience completing a similar role. You should have proven experience effectively managing a team. Experience on the purchase and sales ledgers is essential plus a strong understanding of VAT.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary between £40-50k for this role plus a benefits package. You will enjoy working in an attractive office surrounding by a supporting and ambitious team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job