Reporting to the Transactional Banking Supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring that all payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner, assisting with the cash flow forecasting and other banking duties for all entities within the Group. You will also be responsible for assisting the Treasury Accountant with any ad-hoc projects.
- Raising / sending payments on various internet banking sites, making sure all payments are correctly and accurately authorised before being submitted
- Daily downloads of all bank accounts and payment processors
- Responsible for petty cash dispersion, reconciliation and coding of expenditure
- Posting of cash book items as required
- Responsible in assisting in the marking off of all items between the bank and the nominal ledger
- Producing regular outstanding lists and distributing as appropriate
- Assisting in the compilation of daily treasury / cash flow forecasts
- Daily reconciliation of direct sales receipts
- Logging calls with external banks for any queries that may arise
- Provide support and cover for other team members within the team to ensure no backlogs occur
- Assisting with month end, posting of month end journals and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Supporting any process and system changes that are implemented for the improvement of the department deliverables
- Liaising with third party banks to ensure transactions are concluded correctly
- Experience within an busy Finance department
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of high volume processing
- Must be IT literate
- Intermediate / working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Good standard of written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in multi-site retailer (desirable)
- Experience of banking software (desirable)
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'