Babcock International has a successful partnership with Volkswagen Group and have delivered the Advanced Apprentice Programme and technical training for Volkswagen Group for the past five years with great success. Our partnership with Volkswagen Group has recently been extended to include Network Recruitment Services, Commercial Training and Administration.
Babcock International are looking for an Apprentice Training Support Technician to support the training teams with the tooling, equipment and training resource requirements ensuring the function operates in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
This role is key to supporting the Volkswagen Group Training Network and the ideal candidate will have previous automotive experience and excellent organisation skills. Previous experience of carrying out Health & Safety risk assessments and reporting information would be very advantageous.
Purpose of role:
To support the Apprentice training team with tooling, equipment and training resource requirements ensuring the function operates in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- To ensure all equipment records and related paperwork are maintained and kept up-to-date and easily accessed.
- To source and collaborate with external suppliers to assists in the maintenance and sourcing of equipment.
- To create and implement new processes across the department for equipment and resources.
- Control and process the ordering of parts and consumables
- To manage the training vehicle fleet including maintenance and de-fleet requirements ensuring all records and related paperwork are maintained and kept up-to-date.
- Working with the team on Health & Safety requirements within Babcock & VW Group.
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably requested periodically
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Focused on delivering objectives and targets
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comfortable with taking an innovative approach to the problem solving
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety and the legal requirements
- Good knowledge of Automotive Audits and their requirements
- Experience of quality management
- Technical Automotive qualifications (minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- Demonstrable automotive industry experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Packages
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If this is a role you feel is right for you please apply on this website or visit the Babcock website to apply directly.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Health & Safety Legislation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job