CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and vibrant Training Officer to "hit the ground running" in our London office.
Main Purpose of the role
You will be required to work closely with the senior leadership team as well as various stakeholders throughout CMS to help identify and strengthen sales and technical skills and abilities, thus boosting performance. You will become the systems and process expert and the key contact for the users.
A strategic approach to identifying and nurturing talent is critical to make a positive and measurable impact on the development of all people at CMS.
This role will require regular travel to CMS sites in the UK and Ireland to facilitate training, and provide the opportunity for travel to Europe as CMS expands.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- BA/BSc degree, in relevant field, is desirable.
- Minimum A levels or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales/technical training experience is required.
- A relevant HR or Training qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience of SAP WPB is advantageous.
- Vendor or technical accreditations relevant to our sector and offering are highly desirable
- Proven experience of developing and nurturing sales talent within a business
- Experience in systems training
- Creation and delivery of sales and systems training material
- Presenting data and information in a meaningful and applicable format on a large scale
- Technical ability and a sales approach
- Coaching for performance
- Designing and rolling out long-term development programmes on a large scale
- Proven ability to learn and understand new business processes and systems quickly
- Knowledge of building eLearning programmes
- A positive, can-do approach is essential for success in this role.
- Flexible, possesses good influencing skills and is prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Professional, organised yet adaptable.
- Willing to travel to our different business location when the business requires you to do so.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver against expectations and deadlines.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
Your Main responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
Identifying Training Needs
- Identifying organisational needs and working with the People Development Manager and leadership teams to define a plan of action that makes a direct impact on skill gaps
- Empowering talented individuals to progress their career through the company, setting up a talent pipeline for critical roles
- Supporting managers and team members with identifying training and support needs
Delivery of Training
- Using coaching at the heart of all initiatives to ensure on-going learning and development
- Delivering sales or technical specific training across CMS sites
- Using a blended-learning approach to support our people
- Measuring and monitoring success and effectiveness of training
- Owning a proficiency matrix, with KPIs based on employees hitting certain proficiency levels
Creation of Content
- Creation and implementation of long-term, scalable development plans
- Creating training content using PowerPoint, webinars and other online resources
- Supporting the People Development Manager with content creation
- Taking charge of the CMS"WIKI" using SAP WPB to develop a library of up-to-date training materials, processes and policies
- Providing 1-2-1 support and sales coaching on an ad-hoc basis
- Reviewing progress and capturing key information where appropriate
- Involvement with the decision-making process for changes to systems and new technical projects
- Submit weekly People Ops report, to summarise changes, trends and developments with People across the business
This list is not exhaustive but is intended to provide an overview of the current key priorities within the business. Some of these priorities may change over time and therefore flexibility is required.
- Sales Training