The client is a newly established recruitment company based in East London who provides a full range of safety critical temporary and permanent workforce solutions within the rail industry.
Position: Competence & Training Manager
Location: Barking, IG11
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £36,000 to £40,000 per annum
About the role:
The Training Manager will be responsible for the long-term implementation of the Competence Management strategy; ensuring training and competence is achieved and maintained across the business.
- Managing the Competence Management System (CMS) strategy
- The implementation and maintenance of the CMS across the business; initially focusing on Safety Critical (SC) and Performance Critical (PC) tasks
- Ensuring competence is achieved and maintained across all areas of the business.
- Leading Internal Quality Assurance activities to ensure a high level of compliance is achieved and maintained
- Working alongside the Trainer to plan and prepare lessons
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) activity for priority areas across the business
- Sentinel Scheme Coordinator, responsible for the update, maintenance, and accuracy of the system
- Ensure certification for Safety Critical (SC) does not expire; organise refresher training and medical tests
- Respond to and support learners additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
- Provide feedback to the business on latest trends within the sector
Essential Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience within the rail industry.
- Proven experience working with competence management and safety training within the rail or transportation industry
- Previous experience or an understanding of the Sentinel Scheme
- Experience in training analysis, design and development
Desirable Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience working with young people and adults
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills
You may have experience of the following: Training and Competency Manager, Head of Training and Competence, Competence Manager, Training Manager, Training Consultant, Training and Competence Officer, Safety Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.