OVERVIEW: TRAINING MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
We are currently seeking an experienced Training Manager with occupational experience in the Construction Sector, to coordinate the successful completion of Construction qualifications for a well-established and respected training organisation. This client has excellent industry standard facilities, has continued growth in apprenticeship numbers whilst maintaining high success rates well above national averages and has varied commercial training on offer to meet industry needs.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Assessors and Tutors in your region. The role will involve building and maintaining partnerships with external bodies and employers, working closely with assessors & tutors, learners, employers, external verifiers and staff to ensure the effective planning, delivery and success of apprenticeships and some commercial courses.
You will be qualified to Level 3 in your relevant subject, have at least 3 years' experience of teaching/assessing in the subject area and good knowledge of Construction / Engineering Technologies Apprenticeship frameworks and new standards including NVQ pathways. You should also have excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationships with employers and the ability to drive this area forward to achieve success. Knowledge of the recent apprenticeship reforms is desirable. . .
The post holder will develop and grow apprenticeships and other workplace learning to meet employer and learner needs, as well as being responsible for the day to day delivery of a range of programmes.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: TRAINING MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
- Managing a small team of Assessors, Tutors and Trainers, making sure your team is maintaining targets and timely completions, analysing training and development and troubleshooting.
- Support the teams development through Personal Development Reviews, target setting, performance management and staff development
- Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to the work of the department are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of the post
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practice and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: TRAINING MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
- Previous Management or Team Leading experience within a training environment
- Occupation competency in either Construction, Engineering or Motor Vehicle sectors
- Occupational qualification at level 3 or above
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 qualifications
- Teaching qualification at level 4 or above
- Management Qualification (desirable)
- A1 Assessor Award
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
SALARY/BENEFITS: TRAINING MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
- £37500k starting salary
- Excellent holiday package
- Attractive Employee Benefits package
- Excellent fringe benefits and opportunity for personal development with further qualifications
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Motor Vehicle