What impact will you make? The Opportunity
This role will manage a number of learning projects within the Training & Knowledge team and will include gathering the learning requirements from the business and project teams, creating a learning plan and presenting this back to the project teams and then designing innovative and engaging learning deliverables to match that plan. The learning output will predominantly by online but not exclusively and some training delivery may be required. There will also be a requirement to manage a small team - both their work allocation and performance management.
The successful applicant will come from a learning and development background with proven project management skills - managing a project through from the scoping stage to project closure. They will be used to working with people from all levels of an organisation in order to understand what learning is required to support the project and will be confident in asking 'why’ in order to get to the underlying requirements from the project leads. They will be an experienced learning designer with instructional design experience. Experience of designing online learning is essential. The successful applicant should also have a thirst for learning new technologies and be able to pick up new technology quickly
They will have excellent communication skills. They must demonstrate a friendly, professional and approachable manner and be customer focussed. Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate must demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems and how to negotiate to solutions. They will be able to work using their own initiative and show attention to detail in both their own work and others within the team when reviewing content. Commitment to working with the team to maintain a positive team spirit, with a desire and drive to meet and exceed team targets is essential.
This role will include the following activities:
- Project management of multiple learnings elements for a number of internal projects
- Liaise with stakeholders from across the organisation to ascertain learning requirements and drive the project through to completion
- Provide creative and innovative ideas to ensure all learning developed is engaging and appropriate to the audience
- Develop learning content for both online and classroom delivery channels following the development process and using the most appropriate tools
- Perform administrative tasks as and when required
Milton Keynes, Agile working available.
12 Month FTC
Monday - Friday 7am-7pm
This role will have responsibility for:
- Managing the learning deliverables for a number of internal projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to scope and within Brand
- Managing resources for the projects
- Reporting progress and flag any potential risks/issues to the team leader
- Developing innovative and engaging online learning and classroom training using a number of different tools
- Delivering virtual or classroom training if required
- Managing the work load and performance management of a small team
This role will need the following skills/qualifications:
- GCSE or equivalent in English/Maths - essential
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages - essential
- Experience within a training or technical environment role - essential
- Experience of creating learning content - essential
- Advanced PowerPoint skills - essential
- Windows 8.1/10 and Office 2013 experience - essential
- Experience of using Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Ontuitive Learning Guide - highly desirable
- CIPD in Learning & Development - desirable
- Experience in a HR environment - desirable
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
The role will be based in Milton Keynes but some travel to London (or other regional offices) may be required.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 147725