PTRC Education and Research Services (a company with CILT)
Job title: Training and Events Coordinator
Based: London, near Victoria
Reporting to: PTRC Training and Events Manager
An opportunity to join a small but driven team in a role that will expose you to all aspects of event management from small training courses to large conferences.
Key Objectives of Post:
To provide high level administrative support for PTRC and CILT events and courses
- To provide a full administration service for PTRC courses, seminars and annual conference
- To support the work of the Events Manager and the Head of Technical Development in the forward planning of training events
- To liaise with venues: planning, booking and delivering high-quality events including yearly planning
- To liaise with delegates: invoice and confirmation of booking, production and circulation of joining instructions and any learning materials
- To liaise with speakers: confirmation of arrangements; receipt of materials from presenters and production of lecture notes for delegates
- Post event: production and analysis of delegate feedback; distribution of certificates of attendance; coordinate analysis of expenditure and reconciliation against budget
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the PTRC website
- To provide general office administration and coordination duties: taking bookings for meetings and refreshments; ordering meeting refreshments
- In conjunction with the events manager to liaise with the Marketing Team to produce a range of effective marketing and promotional materials
- Carry out additional duties and provide admin support as required including providing ad hoc support, as requested for CILT events
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills
- Clear attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Exemplary customer service skills and a desire to go above and beyond
- A good level of literacy in IT is essential; knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, POS Systems operations and website maintenance is preferred
- A confident, pro-active personality and a self-starter
- Minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree. A bright A level standard considered.
Flexible Working Some flexibility may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role. This may include occasional overnight stays.
- The post holder will be required to work with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis and will have to work in close cooperation with the rest of the small team within the London office.
- The post requires a very competent individual who is willing and capable of fulfilling a wide range of duties commensurate with a business with few staff
- A friendly disposition and the ability to be an active team-player are important together with an enthusiastic and pro-active approach to all aspects of work.
- This is a varied and interesting post with scope for development. It will require a willingness to occasionally work outside regular office hours.
Background to PTRC
PTRC Education and Research Services Ltd is part of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) in the UK - the leading professional membership organisation for all those working in the passenger, freight transport, transport planning and supply chain professions.
PTRC is an international, multi-disciplinary training and development organisation specialising in training and staging events on all matters relating to transport and travel planning.
We lead the profession in providing training courses, study tours, workshops, seminars and conferences. Clients include highways, traffic and transport practitioners in government, local authorities and consultancies as well as practitioners in the charitable sector. Services are delivered both in the UK and internationally.
Please apply below with your CV and covering letter.
We are keen to fill this role ASAP
(No agencies please)
The Institute is an equal opportunities employer.
- Communication Skills
- Minimal Supervision
- Organisational Skills