Training and Competence Manager - Bupa - Staines or London
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers. We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US. Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Training and Competence Manager who will ensure that the Training and Competence Scheme is communicated to all employees who undertake regulatory activities.
- Support the implementation and embedding of the Bupa UK Training and Competence Scheme.
- Working in partnership with senior stakeholders across both UK & Global businesses to drive and embed a culture of continual learning
- Support key stakeholders to promote an understanding and increased awareness knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Work in partnership with the L&D and Resourcing teams to ensure all employees are aware of and able to comply with all requirements of their roles
- Provide accurate MI reporting of the Training and Competence Scheme to the board
- Work closely with Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance, managing effective relationships and acting on recommendations.
- Knowledge of UK regulatory bodies within Financial Services, General Insurance or Utilities
- Experience and evidence of delivering improvements through T&C
- Experience of developing and embedding T&C across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Good IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint
Well, it's a great place to work.
Bupa is a brand name to be proud of. We offer a generous salary, great benefits including pension, incredible health insurance (even more than you'd expect!) life insurance, 25 days' holiday and a multitude of additional perks. And it's a great work environment. Our offices and teams are busy, professional and friendly.
We are also committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.