Reporting to the Delivery Director, this position will take on the responsibility for the end to end learning and development process within division. You will develop and implement a learning strategy and platform to deliver a blended approach to learning. Working closely with the senior management team, technology delivery teams, project organisation, maintenance and support organisation, Field Operations, HR teams and learning partners, you will build on our internal capability at all levels. This will include the development of our young people development programs, taking responsibility for maintaining our training and accreditation competencies and encouraging collaboration and the sharing of knowledge within the business.
· Commission the most effective and efficient ways to develop and deliver the right learning solutions for the division, such as mentoring, classroom training, 1-2-1 sessions and e-learning, all within budget.
- Deliver an effective apprenticeship programme in conjunction with HR and external associations such as local business, customers and colleges.
- Implement, manage and maintain accurate training, certificate and accreditation records through an effective e-2-e Learning Management Software.
- Plan and co-ordinate courses with training providers and organise class sessions, including the invites to attendees and other resources required.
- Provide updated and regular reports in association with learning and development programs or training, skills and competencies records;
- Development of the skills and competency matrix, working with the Business Intelligence team to implement a system to support the matrix and integration into the resource allocation and scheduling tool;
- Maintain the divisional skills register that include but not exhaustive, Working at Height, Technical, ITIL, Security, Health and Safety, First Aid, Quality, Customer Specifics, Site Access to ensure operational capability is available.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- With assistance from the Head of Quality Assurance, support annual Sector Scheme audits with Certifying Body;
- Conduct internal verification audits on internal Register Approved Trainers;
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in the workplace learning and presenting this research.
What we are looking for from you:
- At least 5 years working within a learning and development position, which included work on Apprenticeship or Graduate programmes. Industry sectors that would be best suited would be: telecommunications, transport, ICT, construction, or utilities
- Experience of designing and implementing learning solutions for complex service challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to bring together diverse groups
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence for the complexity, challenge and pressures on people working in a UK Technology Service environment
- Managing a team through change.
- Budget management across several different projects/schemes.
Desirable: Experience of delivering training and development needs to maintain compliance to NHSS8
Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. Depth and breadth of experience may be taken in to account where these qualifications have not been attained.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
· 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
· Company pension scheme
· A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
· An employee-funded car leasing scheme
· Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.