Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Trainer in our office in Coventry.
Development and delivery of Power Engineering Training to energy and utility sectors, industrial and commercial customers. Areas of training will include topics such as Electrical power and Electrical safety, including high voltage.
· Deliver a range of operational and technical training to a wide range of clients, including independent network operators, electrical contractors, manufacturers and the public sector such as the NHS and M.O.D.
· Follow the in-house procedures for designing and delivering courses to specified standards and accreditations.
· To develop new training packages to meet customer requirements e.g. bespoke courses developed around customer's safe system of work.
· Develop and prepare all course material and practical facilities in advance of the delivery of new and existing courses.
· Assess and make recommendations for authorisation of delegates via personalised reports to employer.
· Be responsible for the health and safety of your work environment, equipment and delegates during your training sessions.
· Review the feedback forms following a course and escalate any concerns raised by the customers to the Safety Centre Manager.
· Formulate Electrical Procedures and Technical Guides
· Involve in the Authorisation Process
· Good Knowledge of MS Office especially MS PowerPoint and MS Word
· You should have a technical qualification in an electrical related subject
· Experience in working at a Senior Authorised Person level with a Distribution Network Operator with specific responsibilities include preparing switching schedules and carry out switching, prepare issue and cancel safety documents, periodic inspections in HV substations to ensure compliance, electrical installation and implementation of HS&S Management system.
· Experience in Authorisation Process.
· An understanding of UK safety legislation and general requirements.
· Ability and experience to deliver effective training.
· Ability to work within a team environment and to work independently.
· HNC/Degree in electrical power engineering or related subject.
· Teaching/lecturing qualification would be preferred e.g. Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTTLS).
· Assessors qualification would be advantageous e.g. Training Assessment, Quality & Assurance (TAQA) or A1.
· Health & Safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable.
· Experience of working in a training/educational environment would be ideal.
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market.Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working