Trainer - Ship Systems Controls & Diagnostics - Gosport
TRAINER - SHIP SYSTEMS CONTROLS & DIAGNOSTICS
£30,000 - £32,000 PER ANNUM
For more than a century, my client has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. They help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
They're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
About the role
My client are looking to recruit an experienced Electronics Controls professional to deliver technical and equipment training modules in Controls and Diagnostics modules at HMS Sultan in Gosport to support the ongoing development of Royal Naval Engineers and Technical staff.
You will be responsible for the delivery of ship simulator training for T-23 and T45 systems to trainees in line with the Defence College of Technical Training EMTC Course Documentation and as directed by the Lead Trainer. This will include advising Training Design where training material requires updating or is inadequate in some way and to provide SME input to training design as required and maintaining personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
You will ensure that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance with the approved specifications. Review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support equipment advances and technologies using most appropriate training aids. Where this is not the case provide detailed input to Course Design.
Assessment of trainees to include:
- Creation of written examination and progress test papers.
- Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments.
- Marking of examination papers, setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of students/trainees to ensure maximum benefit from the courses are achieved. To ensure student/trainee development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or training delays are flagged to the Lead Trainer and lead on the delivery of remedial training and revision as necessary.
What do I need to do the role?
You will require a minimum qualification of C&G or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering discipline. Ideally you will also hold a CET Level 4 Teaching Qualification (However In house training provided if required to secure this Level 4 Teaching Qualification).
Prior experience in an Electrical Controls / Instrumentation role, or hands on knowledge of Ship Systems is preferred for this role. Ideally experience with PLC's, Microprocessors and other controls systems.
- Demonstrates effective planning and teaching in the learning environment
- Possesses sufficient knowledge to respond to learners needs; professionally as a technical subject matter expert; educationally as a training practitioner and practically as a mentor or coach
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in the learning environment
- Demonstrates effective coaching skills in the learning environment
- Provides effective learner advice, guidance and support
What else do I need to know?
- SC clearance will be required.
- This role may be considered for flexible working.
For more information on this role please contact me on or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Ship" "Ship Systems" "Controls" "Diagnotics" "Ship building" "Ship builder" "Engineering" "Trainer"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'