Trainer - Manufacturing Operations
Brewster Pratap are working alongside a leading manufacturing business based nr Mexborough. Due to internal movements they are currently recruiting a suitably experienced Trainer to work within their Manufacturing Operations department and provide training and competency assessments for factory-based functions, for both permanent and temporary staff, to enable the site to achieve excellent quality, performance and safety standards.
- Liaise with Section Managers to develop training plans to ensure departmental SOPs are trained out and competency tested to the required level.
- Liaise with Operational Managers to plan, organise, co-ordinate, schedule and deliver induction and skills training for all new Production Operatives, temporary or permanent.
- Provide feedback to employees and their Line Managers both during and at the end of the training/assessment period to highlight areas of strength and areas of further development.
- Support Line Management as necessary to assist individuals to achieve multi-skilling through the identification of training needs, planning and delivery of training.
- Create a culture of compliance, training and competence through the effective coaching of employees, inspiring them to deliver the highest level of standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of SOPs and other training materials. Propose and implement updates and improvements to training programmes and materials where necessary.
- Ensure continued compliance and consistency of approach to SOPs by regular monitoring post-assessment and highlight any identified issues to Operational Managers.
- Assist Section Managers in the maintenance of a skills matrix, maintaining detailed training records and achievements for each trainee and provide management information and reports as necessary.
- Manage and communicate KPIs/statistics to relevant stakeholders regarding training delivery.
- Be aware of the need for continuous improvement and undertake a representative role for the Operations Departments on relevant work groups to work with line management to review damages, discrepancies, accidents etc. to actively identify procedural, process, layout and/or equipment changes can be made to improve overall performance in these areas.
- Identify poor practices that could lead to harm and bring these to the attention of operations management and the Compliance Team with a view to re-designing processes, procedures, equipment or guarding etc.
- Adherence to International standard requirements in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (including energy).
- Demonstrable experience of training Production Operatives within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Good operational knowledge of manufacturing functions
- A1 Assessor qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate operational and safety procedural instructions
- Good influencing skills with the ability to challenge and change perceptions about problems and issues
- Confident, assertive, polite, friendly and professional manner
- A working knowledge of MS Office
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing workload and working patterns
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience, 25 days holiday + stats, Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm finishing at 4pm on a Friday with 30 minutes lunch each day, money purchase pension
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information.
- training manager
- training assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'