Trainee Transport Operator
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years' experience. During this time we have become a leading provider of container related services in the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Transport Operator to join our team in Cannock. Working 45 hours per week with a requirement to work Saturday mornings on a rotational basis.
Main responsibilities of the Trainee Transport Operator role are:
- Effectively plan vehicles to achieve the daily revenue target of the Transport department
- Achieve and maintain exceptional customer service levels
- Handling operational phone calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Provide prompt and effective communication to customers, ensuring that customer service level agreements are met
- Ensure standard operating procedures are maintained at all times
- Effectively liaison with the driver group, conducting driver briefing and debrief sessions to a high standard
- Ensure that health and safety standards are met and maintained to the highest level
Requirements of the Trainee Transport Operator:
- Have a good level of numeracy and literacy with the ability to interpret data
- Have excellent relationship building skills
- Have good problem solving and analytical skills
- Have strong level of computer literacy
- Be able to prioritise whilst working well under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills and be confident in their ability to talk to people at all levels
- Have good attention to detail
- Have an interest in road transport and the shipping industry
In return you will receive a salary of £18,000 per annum, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays. You will be supported through a structured training plan that will help to develop your skill set, offering you an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in transport. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience.
CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Pentalver reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should a large volume of applications be received.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 4th February 2018.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Trainee Transport Operator role then please apply now!