Trainee Trade Planning & Support Assistant
Join one of the UK’s most renowned retailers in our Central Planning department as a Trainee Trade Planning & Support Assistant. Apply now and become part of the family.
As our Trainee Trade Planning & Support Assistant, you’ll work with the Trade Planning & Support Team to provide and deliver multi channel financial planning, business reporting and analysis to support key actions and decisions within the Trading Teams and wider business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for our Trading teams and other key stakeholders in the business for budgeting and trading issues and queries.
- Competently support the accurate and timely production of multi channel financial planning, budgeting and forecasting actions to support key trading activities and distribution of daily/weekly exception reporting identifying trading risks and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities and risks within Trade Planning and Support Team, continually looking to evolve and drive accurate and consistent processes to support the Trading teams.
- Effectively manage the critical path of event planning, working closely with Marketing, Retail Operations and Trading to proactively and accurately keep the trade planning calendar up to date
- Work collaboratively with the wider Central Planning Team, Trading floor and business to build commercial relationships, sharing company best practice and consistency of approach.
- Administration of key trading processes and maintenance of business systems and tools
- Educated to graduate level with a business related degree
- High, consistent attention to detail, always striving to deliver good quality work to key deadlines
- Proven experience within a retail environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the business
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
With more than 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working for Matalan is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of our family, you’ll be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer.
You’ll receive an in-depth 2 day induction with exposure to all aspects of the business and will receive an excellent benefits package including a holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, pension, 20% company discount and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. You’ll also have access to our award winning learning & development platform, Matalan Education (Me.), to support your on-going career growth to become the best you can be.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'