A leading City based Lloyds Underwriters seeks a Trainee within their Catastrophe Modelling Team, who has experience with analytical tools such as SQL or Tableau, BSc in a numerical subject, 2:1 or above, a minimum of A level Mathematics.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and driven individual with a focus on providing the best possible service
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload ;and experience of working to meet tight deadlines.
- Inquisitive; Challenges rationale and gets to the root cause of issues rather than reacting to symptoms or accepting precedent.
- Able to learn and take on new tasks quickly and use own initiative to explore possibilities before raising queries.
- Demonstrates pride in delivering excellent, quality service and endeavours to exceed expectations.
- Attentive to detail in producing high quality output and able to maintain this when under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to build relationships at all levels, and ask questions to ensure requirements and rationale are understood.
The role is to work within the London Market Cat Modelling Team, this role will report into the Senior Cat Modeller for Terrorism. You will be providing support to the Terrorism Catastrophe Modeller in an efficient and professional manner and in accordance with agreed procedures and service level agreements. You will have the opportunity to assist with the outsourcing of the day to day tasks, ensuring a smooth transition to the new process as well assisting with Underwriter requests and queries.
To provide efficient and effective support to the London Market Underwriters and Catastrophe Modellers.
Responsibilities will include data quality and query resolution of tasks into the catastrophe modelling systems.
Assistance with the outsourcing of Aggregation requests and providing analysis on more complex tasks, working within tight deadlines and mailbox management