Location: Travel throughout the South East & UK - Head Office Location is Aldgate, City of London, E1 8EU
Salary: £19,000 basic salary + £5,000 car allowance + £1,000 on call allowance
Hours: Mon - Fri, 09:00AM - 17:30PM + on call
Your new role
Exponential-e is a Cloud, Connectivity and Communications pioneer. We are recruiting for the role of a field based Technician to join our Data Centre team. The role will involve travelling to the Exponential-e Data Centres and Points of Presence throughout the UK completing cabling and patching works and swapping out equipment.
No previous experience is required but simply a genuine interest in this type of role and an eagerness to learn. We will provide you with all the training required to be a success in this role.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- 24x7 field engineering duties within Data Centres and Points of Presence
- Support physical access to Data Centres
- Remote hands technical support
- Hardware inventory management
- Hardware installation and cabling
What you’ll need to succeed
To help continue with our world-class status, we need someone who can deliver excellence. As a field based IT Technician you must be well organised and a self-motivated team player.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Full driving licence and own car/access to a car on a daily basis
- Willingness to travel around the UK as part of your job
- Interest in IT and eagerness to learn
- Effective communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Able to work under pressure making timely and informed decisions to tight timescales
- A strong attention to detail and a task finisher
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with handheld tools in a personal DIY or professional capacity - screwdrivers, drills, etc.
- Any exposure to cabling/patching
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
- Purchase up to five extra days of annual leave
- Every employee gets their birthday day off work
- Culture quarterly and annual awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
- Working in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service
- Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
- A dedicated Learning and Development team including access to a range of technical training and courses (LinkedIn Learning)
- Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, season ticket loans, local gym discount, Vitality health cover)
Exponential-e is a Cloud, Connectivity and Communications pioneer with a difference. From launching the world’s first Virtual private LAN in 2006 on our privately-owned 100GigE secure and super-fast Network to our recent work integrating SD-WAN and SD-DC, our commitment to innovation has resulted in us being recognised as a world-class IT Service provider, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK, and have 8 ISO accreditations to our name.
We have built an extensive solutions portfolio, which enables the creation of services tailored specifically to our customers’ operational needs - whether that be for Private and Public Cloud, Data Centre, Unified Communications, Cyber Security or Managed IT Services.
What we deliver is Peace of Mind-as-a-Service. The customer is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we are trusted by more than 3,000 customers, boast a 96% customer reference-ability, and have an industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our rapidly growing organisation. We take PRIDE in our culture and team spirit, driven by our employees that want to learn, achieve and build a successful career path.
What you need to do now
Click "apply now" and you will end up on our careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don’t tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Exponential-e then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'