Job Title: Trainee Technical Support Advisor
My client are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join their Technical Support Team , based at their Head Office in Shefford. You will work within the Design Services Team and will be the first line contact for Technical enquiries. These enquiries will be in email or telephone form, therefore you must be confident in both your verbal and written communication.
Do you have a "can do" attitude? Are you a logical thinking? Do you have a technical mind? Would you like the opportunity to learn and start your new career?
To be successful in this role might have:
- A spark with the desire to learn new things and have a technical mind
- Excellent communication skills together with a good standard of English and Maths
- The desire to learn technical drawing (e.g AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- The desire to learn hydraulic design methods
- Good computer literacy, particularly using Microsoft suite of products (word, outlook, excel)
- Excellent attention to detail is a necessity for this role
- Experience in good customer service
In this role you will learn about the construction industry standards for drainage and surface water management but it is not essential that you have any previous experience of this area.
Main tasks, including but not limited to:
- With training and support:
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from customers
- Use CAD and Solidworks to produce water management solution designs
- Take briefs from customers over the telephone and advise them on the best possible designs both promptly and politely
- Work within the Design Services Team project database
- Undertake technical drawing 'take-offs’ and design of drainage schemes
- Develop and share best practice and working knowledge with team members
- Be able to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Implement automation where possible to increase efficiency
- Liaise with internal and external sales team members on essential product knowledge and preliminary designs
As this is a trainee role, you will be fully supported at all times and trained before you are required to carryout any tasks. The role would suit a graduate (of any subject) or someone looking to begin a new career.
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'