Trainee Tax Accountant
A Trainee Tax Accountant is required by the finance team of one of the world’s leading fuel services providers!
The Trainee Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing UK VAT filing and reconciliations for World Fuel Services group companies. The Trainee Tax Accountant will be responsible for monitoring tax law and rate changes and will assist with Transaction Tax registrations.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a leading Fortune 500 company, recognized for being a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and ground fuel products and related services. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding global company!
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly VAT/GST/IVA, mineral oils, excise, sales use and/or other tax returns (collectively "Transaction Tax" returns)
- General ledger VAT reconciliations and adjustments
- Maintenance of tax database and government audit assistance
- The successful candidate is likely to have completed a finance and accounting related degree and will have a desire to build a career in tax accounting.
- The successful candidate will be pursuing the ACCA/ AAT qualifications or an comparable alternative.
- An understanding of general accounting practices and principles is essential.
- An awareness of indirect tax e.g. VAT, exercise duty is desirable
- Intermediate Excel skills are required in order to undertake required analysis.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) are important along with analytical skills and numerate ability.
- A desire to build a finance and accounting related career in an oil/fuel services provider is essential.
- Vat Returns
- VAT registration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"