Our client based in Midsomer Norton are currently looking for an Implementation and Support Technician on the implementation of projects for new systems, and the support of hardware products and software systems supplied by the company.Key responibilities
The Company uses a project management approach to implementing major customer orders, which usually involve the supply of hardware, configuration and remote installation of software, system testing and customer training. A range of technical issues usually arise during project implementation which require a structured approach to problem solving.
Providing a comprehensive customer support service
The Company provides a Technical Help Desk support service to its customers covering a wide range of issues on current and legacy products. This requires a structured approach to problem solving to identify the real issue to be solved and to implement a solution. Diagnosis is aided by using a range of technical information including technical Knowledge Bases. Many support activities are carried out by remote access to systems installed on customer sites.
Support activities are recorded using a Help Desk database, which logs each new support requirement, its progress to resolution and status.
Additional information gained on problem resolution is added to the Knowledge Base for future use.
The Implementation and Support Technician will contribute to all activities in connection with the in-service support of customers including:
- Operating a Help Desk service
- Diagnosis and resolution of support issues.
- Maintaining Help Desk records
- Updating the Knowledge Base
- Visiting customer sites to undertake support activities
- Contributing to on-line or on-site training courses for systems requiring support.
- Liaising with customers and making courtesy calls as appropriate
- A working knowledge of IP networks and IP addressing
- A keen interest in a range of IT activities
- Understanding and experience in customer support
- Ideally have an IT related degree or equivalent
In return we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary and benefits package.
- IP Solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job