Trainee Specialist Recruitment Consultant - Medical Communications/Life Sciences/Pharmaceuticals
Reading (Central), Berks
Medcomms Professionals is a leading Brand of Clinical Professionals (A Times top 100 Company to work for), a long established, award winning and leading International Life Science recruitment and staffing business offering a variety of services for both candidates and clients. Under our specialist recruitment brands we offer innovative, diverse solutions and added value services as well as traditional staffing expertise to a long and exhaustive list of Global Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences companies worldwide.
We are looking for a sales focussed individual to join our Medcomms team as a trainee specialist recruiter and join a business which is serious and committed to support, investment and long term career growth. We have an exhaustive list of established Client relationships and long standing preferred supplier agreements and therefore this represents a superb opportunity to be trained to specialise in a vertical, niche market with a solid business to support you to become an expert in your sector.
Most of our most successful Recruitment Consultants have developed from joining us as a Trainee Consultant. The ideal applicant will have little or no recruitment experience but a keen interest to learn and develop their knowledge and skills. We have a proven training programme in place allowing for progression - Initially you will support the team in a resourcing capacity, assisting in sourcing the highest calibre candidates and then will develop your career into a full cycle recruitment specialist in one of our most established brands.
Our ideal applicant will have had some professional work experience and demonstrated a good work ethic, possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a determined nature to get results. In addition you will need to demonstrate that you can retain complex technical and market information and detail to enable you to develop relationships with highly experienced Medical Communications specialists.
We have successful consultants who have a range of backgrounds including IT Sales, Marketing, Estate Agents, Bar Staff, Chef’s, Travel Agents, Retail Staff, School Leavers and Graduates - background is not as important but we will expect you to have a keen interest in working in an office in a telephone based sales role and have an interest in recruitment as a long term career opportunity.
Areas of initial responsibility include:
• Being the first point of contact for any candidates calling into the business or sending CVs through via our websites or other job boards
• Maintaining the database for the area you are working within i.e. ensuring candidates are fully screened and registered, CVs are updated and Consultants are aware
• Gaining referrals from our current candidate database to continue growth and supply of new candidates.
• Working closely with your consultant to understand specific job requirements
• Calling through our database of candidates to screen and select the best and most relevant candidates who match the job brief
• Sending mailshots, letters or SMS to the database
• Creatively sourcing candidates through a variety of methods including websites, referrals, networking etc.
• Writing job adverts and news articles.
This presents a superb opportunity to join an established staffing business with an excellent market presence, and develop a career as a specialist recruiter and be an expert in your field of expertise. The pharmaceutical market employs over 100,000 people in the UK, Clinical Professionals has an excellent reputation and rich history of working with many house-hold global organisations as well as supporting start-up, niche or SME companies as they grow.