Trainee Site Technicians required for a fast growing, innovative and market leading client based in Northampton.
This a role that will require a good level of physical fitness and often long hours of work (fully paid, including travel time). Full training will be provided to enable you to carry our various tests on a variety of materials such as soils, aggregate and concrete
To facilitate correct on-site test procedures in line with relevant British and European Standards using In-house Methods, whilst maintaining our ethos of providing excellent customer service to clients and fellow staff members
Role Accountabilities and Main Duties:
• Site Work, including on-site sampling and in-situ testing.
• Client Liaison.
• Preparation and presentation of test data.
• Training other team members on test methods as required.
• Cross-checking other team members’ calculations following tests.
• Carrying out daily vehicle checks and routine maintenance whilst maintaining cleanliness standards.
• Assisting in Sample Preparation when required.
• Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
• Experience in a customer facing role.
• Close attention to detail and understanding of operating within a quality system.
• Good IT Skills (Microsoft Office base, in particular Excel and Word).
• Team Player.
• Punctual with excellent time-keeping.
• Strong prioritising and organisational skills.
• Positive attitude towards changes.
• Adaptability to use various in-house systems and follow procedures.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Experience of working in challenging physical environments.
• Trained in Manual Handing as heavy lifting will be required.
• Experience in Geotechnical on-site testing to current British / European Standards and In-House Method Statements. Training would be given in the absence of experience.
• CSCS card.
Basic hours are minimum 40 per week - 0730-1630 Monday to Friday but this is a role where the hours of work will vary due to travelling to customer sites and will enable you to work overtime on a regular basis.
Initial hourly rate (12 weeks) £9.30
Salary when permanent £20,000 per annum + overtime after 40 hrs.
CRC Recruitment are a leading Midlands based recruitment consultancy covering vacancies across the UK. We have been established since 2003 and have a reputation for high service standards to both candidates and clients. We supply permanent or temporary staff to all areas of business covering a variety of different industry sectors.
- Construction Engineering
- CSCS Card
- Materials Science
- Soil Mechanics
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'