Trainee Sales Engineer (Press Tooling or Injection Moulding)
£20,000 - £25,000
Location - Coventry
Working Hours: - 38 Hours a week (Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-3pm)
Our client is an International manufacturing company seeking an Trainee Sales Engineer to join their rapidly growing team in Coventry. My client is a forward thinking business with exciting growth plan, resulting in exciting opportunities for a potential employee. In return my client offers excellent benefits and a fantastic team environment.
Job description for the Trainee Sales Engineer (Press Tooling or Injection Moulding)
As an Trainee Sales Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the sales of the client`s full product range. You will be a key member of the Sales team building close relationships with customers in dealing with technical sales enquires, producing quotes and being able to source solutions to meet the client`s needs. This would suit someone who has experience in press tooling or injection moulding looking to move from the shop floor into an office environment. Full training will be provided.
- Managing both new and existing customer requirements to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs, whilst spotting potential sales opportunities.
- Offer customers a product or service that best satisfies their needs in terms of technical specification, quality, price and delivery from the range.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
- Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations and prepare tenders, proposals, designs and technical drawings to meet customer deadlines.
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner
- Receive and accurately log customer sales enquiries onto the system.
- Raise purchase orders with suppliers for goods.
- Be pro-active in notifying customers when there is a change in delivery date or if there is a potential problem with a sales order.
The Successful Applicant for the Trainee Sales Engineer
- Technical / Product knowledge (Ideally tool making or Injection Moulding background)
- Engineering / Technical experience
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings.
- Communication skills, problem solving skills, team working skills, passionate about service delivery, conscientious and willingness to learn new skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work well within a close team environment.
- Due to the location, must have own transport
- All Microsoft office packages, including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience in AutoCAD (or willing to learn)
- Technical / Product knowledge (Ideally toolmaking background
- 2D and 3D CAD experience an advantage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job