An exciting opportunity has arisen at a very successful local replacement door and window company in Horsham for a Trainee Sales Consultant. This is a new role within the company which has been created due to the continued growth of the business. There will be a comprehensive induction process where you will work alongside the existing sales and estimating staff to develop an in-depth knowledge of the products, processes and requirements of the industry and you will accompany them on sales appointments at customer's homes, surveys and installations, to gain an insight into the complete process. Once the induction process is complete you will work with your own customers, booking and attending appointments and preparing and issuing the quotations.
- Make appointments to visit customers at home to discuss their door and window requirements
- Meet customers in the showroom to demonstrate and explain the features and benefits of the products
- Prepare and send quotations to customers, from your detailed notes taken during the appointment
- Prepare Contracts ready for survey
- Monitor and follow up quotations
- Follow up leads received via the website and over the telephone
- Build and maintain relationships with manufacturers and customers
- Pro-actively generate leads
Key Skills and Essential Requirements
- Experience in a sales and / or customer facing environment
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook and ability to quickly learn new IT systems
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent telephone manner
- Presentable, cheerful and reliable
- Keen to learn and develop within the role
- Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Full clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Knowledge of double glazing or building industry
Hours, Salary and Benefits
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and alternate Saturdays, 9.00am to 2.00pm. When you are not out on appointments you will be working in the showroom.
- A basic salary between £16,500 and £18,500 per annum, depending on experience, with additional commission payments for completed sales.
- 20 days holiday, to include the Christmas closure.
SussexSurrey Doors and Windows Ltd are based at their showroom on the outskirts of the town centre and are proud of the excellent reputation they have built over the years. There is never any 'hard-sell', just an honest and fair price with no 'too good to be true' offer. The existing small team are all friendly, professional and committed to achieving the company's mission statement: To offer the highest quality products and exceptional customer service, with honesty and integrity, all at a fair price
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Friendly Personality
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job