An exciting opportunity now exists for an individual to join an established team of Recruitment Consultants. This role would suit an intelligent graduate with natural sales ability who is looking to build a progressive business career and hungry to earn money and work in an industry where you can ’make a difference.
The successful applicant will be establishing business relationships with client companies, selling the companies service and selecting candidates for our client companies. This is a fast-paced role and requires a confident and energetic multi-tasker. We offer full and comprehensive training as well as a competitive basic salary with uncapped commission.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Canvassing (cold calling) employers to establish new contacts and their precise recruitment requirements. This is a crucial element of the role, as it will build your client contacts for future business.
- Documenting the client's details and vacancy requirements
- Clarifying and negotiating terms and conditions (code of practice) relating to the job role
- Advertising posts appropriately - drafting and strategically advertising using a wide range of media.
- Headhunting - approaching suitable candidates
- Maintaining monthly contact with candidates
- Reviewing applications, managing interviews, and candidate job offers
- Visiting clients to ensure you have a thorough understanding of their business to enable a successful recruitment partnership
- Maintaining current records and personal stats for review against performance targets
- Maximising 'fill the hole’ with every candidate who is leaving or has left a job as this provides you with a sales lead
- Conducting telephone screening to establish suitability, arrange for in depth interview either face to face or by telephone
- All information to be recorded on the database, following company procedures and guidelines
- Ensuring new starters are checked in as early as possible on the start date
- Maintaining targets in accordance with Objectives and Activity levels
- An inquisitive nature, always looking for a way to try to fill the job
- Well organised both in thought and process
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent memory
- A fast worker; speed is vital when competing with other agencies
- Ability to multi task, as there are always several jobs on the go at once
- Ability to work under pressure and happy to work until the job is done, so, this role is not for a clock-watcher
- Eager to go the extra mile; a late phone call can mean an extra invoice
- Not afraid of hard work