Accredited with REC Audited Education status, my client is a quality driven recruitment business specialising in providing top quality teachers to local schools in the London Boroughs' and Home Counties. They understand that teacher quality and listening to the needs of the school AND the teacher will ensure that nothing but the highest level of client and candidate satisfaction is achieved. Starting their next growth phases, my client is looking for exceptional people to join to facilitate that growth.
What's the role of an Apprentice Recruitment Consultant?
Supporting the Recruitment Consultants, the Apprentice's role will initially be candidate related and include the following...
- Candidate Generation - sourcing suitable candidates from a variety of media, telephone interviews with candidates to qualify their suitability, sending and receiving back Application Packs, F2F interviewing qualified candidates, feeding back to Recruitment Consultants on candidates sourced
- Compliance - DBS applications and verification, Childrens Barred List, NCTL qualification checks, qualification NARIC and Police checks, reference checking, RTW, keeping statuses up to date on files, clearing candidate files, adherence to Quality Mark accreditation
- Database - Creating, maintaining and updating candidate records, attaching relevant documents, vetting and clearance checking updates, checking availability and keeping records current
- Candidate management - keeping up to date with candidates on availability and their requirements through regular communication, oral and written
- Support - Posting job adverts and monitoring responses, advert chasing in media and on-line, formatting CVs, sending candidate vetting confirmations to clients, mail outs, brochures, filing and other administration
Successful candidates will...
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent academic record.
- Be able to demonstrate attributes usually associated with the fast moving recruitment agency environment.
- Be able to demonstrate drive, ambition, desire, tenacity and ability to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment to achieve targets, goals and objectives for both personal reward and for the strategic benefit of the business.
- Be influential and motivational; have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a good team player and be confident in time and desk management and multi-tasking.
- Be a good listener and a problem solver and be able to work to deadlines and targets.
- Have a desire to succeed and excel in a sales environment forging a career path to management and more senior levels.
- Have a strong work ethic, be self-motivating and be prepared to be committed, flexible and work long hours to achieve your targets and goals (starting in the office at 7am until at least 4:30pm during school term time is a prerequisite and not for the faint hearted)
What can you expect in return…
Apprentices who join will work through a training programme in set modules as part of their on-the-job training, in conjunction with studying for formal qualifications as part the National Apprenticeship Scheme administered by their training provider.
Apprentices who show that they have the right attributes and the dedication to succeed in a Recruitment Agency environment and achieve their academic and training goals as well as the targets set by the business will be eligible for periodic salary and role reviews throughout the Apprenticeship as well as the potential to earn commission / bonus in line with schemes generally in place within the business.
An Apprenticeship candidate facing role is the first step to becoming a client facing Recruitment Consultant and the goal of course is to move Apprentices in to those roles at the end of the Apprenticeship (or sooner) with a career path to Team Leader, Section Manager, Branch Manager and Director over time, should that be within the capabilities and needs/wants of the individual.