You will be joining a company that specialises in project management and construction services for a number of sectors. My client has a unique business model which has helped them become a market leader. They have offices across the UK and Ireland but really do have an international presence and have worked on projects across Europe, Russia, Africa and South East Asia. The business very much feels like a family where everyone’s opinion is heard and acted on. So if you are looking for a company that values their employees and want to make a real difference to the future this could be the perfect role for you.
Your new role
My client is now looking for enthusiastic graduates this can be from College or University that come from an engineering, scientific or mathematic background to join the business as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor. Although that is the role you will be brought in for you will be exposed to the, Estimator team, Procurement team and Sales team. With this in mind, you could end up with a career elsewhere if you were able to demonstrate success and a real hunger to succeed. The company want you to be the future so this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
In your new role you will be responsible for:-
• Preparing cost estimates and cost plans
• Providing contract/procurement advice and administration
• Drafting requirements/Preliminary/Tender Documents
• Advising and identifying value engineering opportunities
• Measuring on site
What you’ll need to succeed
Successful Trainee Quantity Surveyor possess a combination of the following skills:-
• Strong numeracy skills
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• The ability to negotiate
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
• Strong College or University graduates with a background in Science, Engineering, Maths etc
• If you have previously worked In a similar role you will be considered
What you’ll get in return
• Salary of £20,000 to £23,000
• 10% bonus
• Private medical insurance
• 2/3 Events per year with the team
• 33 days holiday including bank holidays
• Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm and Friday 3:30pm finish
• Pension and Life insurance
• Free onsite car parking
This role is part of a great team who will support you in your new role in the knowledge that you are there to support them in theirs!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'