Trainee Product Assessor Construction Highways Materials & Resins
Vacancy No: LH9432
Title: Trainee Product Assessor [Construction Highways Materials & Resins]
Salary: £23-25k pa doe
Purpose of Job
The main purpose of a Trainee Product Assessor is to learn and gain the skills required to become a fully trained Product Assessor / Project Manager, and so to plan, co-ordinate and carry out assessments of construction products and systems.
As a Trainee Product Assessor, you will be working with a team of established Project Managers initially in a supporting role to learn the skills required to progress and become fully competent.
You will be working in a team that assesses various types of construction products and systems, ideally highways materials and resins.
- An understanding of scientific processes at A level or above.
- Planning, organising and numeracy skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work on several projects/contracts at the same time
- Time management
- An interest in the performance of building materials.
- Tenacity, inquisitive nature, confidence in dealing with clients.
- Professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Impartiality, calm under pressure
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Results orientated
- Customer focused with a good understanding of client needs and expectations
- Good team ethics/team player
- Ability to take ownership
- Willingness to grow and be trained
As a trainee Product Assessor, you will be working under the direct supervision of a senior Project Manager initially in a supporting role. Over time you will progress towards managing and having responsibility for your own multiple projects. To achieve this you will learn and assist in the completing of the following tasks:
Contract Preparation and Planning Duties
- Prepare contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
- Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
Product Assessment Duties
- Research and investigate aspects of construction product performance as required.
- Assess the fitness for purpose of construction products within contract periods and price estimates.
- Co-ordinate all work and activities involved in assessments, including sub-contracting work, e.g. testing and inspection of production.
- Ensure that satisfactory information and data is available for the timely progress and completion of assessments.
- Carry out Certificate maintenance tasks, such as assessment of factory surveillance reports, as required.
- Monitor progress on allocated work and adjust priorities as required.
- Seek information and clarification from others as required, e.g. the potential client, technical experts, etc.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
- Building Materials
- Construction Products
- Scientific Background
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"