Trainee Pest Control Technician
Trainee Pest Control Technician
Location: Exeter, Devon
Salary: Estimated earnings in first year £19,949 - £24,452
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Rokill Limited is one of Britain's leading providers for Pest Control. Operating since 1980 we provide control services to the commercial, domestic and public sectors, dealing effectively with all non-wood-boring types of pest and bird problems.
Due to continued expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Technician to join our team, responsible for carrying out pest control inspection and treatments in commercial, domestic and public premises.
Previous Experience is not required as trainee's will undergo our award winning training programme that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions. After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 exam in pest control.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Trainee Pest Control Technician:
• Complete Routine Inspections at contract sites, including pubs, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, office blocks etc
• Provide treatment reports, advising work carried out and recommendations to avoid further pest problems
• Attend emergency call outs for pest infestations
• Carry out follow-up visits at sites with on-going pest problems
• Maintain diary ensuring all scheduled visits and appointments are completed
• Assist with service work in other areas when necessary
• Complete pest control inspections at local authority properties to the agreed procedure
• Identify new business opportunities and pass on to sales team
• Service Electronic Fly Killers
• Undertake minor proofing work to restrict pest access
• Complete risk assessments and work to set procedures
• Assist the Bird Control team with cleaning and proofing works
• Maintain stock levels within your vehicle
• Undertake pigeon shoot using a .22 air rifle
• Provide emergency weekend cover according to rota (currently 6 weekends per annum)
• Complete occasional "filthy and verminous" clearance jobs
The ideal candidate:
• Hold a full driving license with the ability to read and follow a map
• The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
• A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
• An Analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
• A meticulous eye for detail with pride taken in completed work
• The Ability to work to set procedures and follow instructions
• Enthusiastic, positive, personable with a desire to learn and excel in the position
• Must be confident working at height in confined spaces
Pay and Conditions
• Starting basic salary £16,612. OTE £19-25k
• Qualified Technician basic salary £17,724 - £22,828
• Overtime is paid at time and a half for hours (or travel) before 8am or after 5.30pm
• We have a six point grade structure, with three grades of Senior Technician. Senior technicians can expect OTE £30k +
• We are a service providing company and the role will involve regular overtime to meet our clients needs (the current average is 20 hours per month) and occasional out of hours work.
• Standard working hours are 8.30-5.00, with half an hour lunch
• Commission is paid on successful sales leads.
• A van is provided for you to work from. If you choose to use this for private use at the weekend a charge of 12p per mile is applied.
• We operate a performance related bonus scheme. The current maximum is £2,000 per annum.
• Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment are provided.
• You will be paid £16 per month tax free to cover the cost of keeping your van and uniform clean.
• You are paid £15 per day when on call plus the hours you work paid at time and a half
Estimated earnings in first year £19,949 - £24,452
If you are looking for a change in direction or have already started your career within this industry then please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.
For more information on this role, and the company - please visit the Rokill Website.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Pest Control
- Service Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'