Trainee Pest Control Technician - Pest ControlWest Midlands
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who is looking to get into the pest control industry. Our client is recruiting for the midlands due to growth and demand they are looking for driven and skilled individuals to grow with them.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, and you will gain a recognised industry qualification.
Starting Salary: £16,500.00 /year increasing upon successful qualification.
Overview £25.000 OTE
After training and qualifying as a pest control technician your job will be to get rid of pest infestations. You would identify, control and get rid of pests like rats or mice, and insects like wasps, ants or cockroaches. You may also deal with foxes, moles and birds etc.
You’ll need excellent communication and customer service skills.
Being physically fit will help you to work in areas where pests may be found like cramped spaces or at heights.
Area of work
- Mainly covering midlands postcodes
Responsibilities As a Trainee Pest Control Technician, you will visit customers and provide a full range of services to address their pest control needs and challenges.
The key responsibilities of the role is to deliver a high level pest control service to our customers ensuring you are customer focused at all times. This will involve: -
- Building rapport
- Using initiative
- Hitting targets
- Not afraid of working at heights or getting dirty!
- Possession of a full driving licence
- The ability to work alone
- Duties within this role will involve identifying different pest types and determining the best course of removal and prevention
- Be confident in dealing with clients at all levels be of smart appearance and polite
- collecting dead animals and other samples for analysis or disposal
- finding out how the pests are getting in
- completing reports and keeping records, using mobile apps, digital forms and taking photographs
- following the correct procedures for handling and storing pesticides and disposing of dead or captured animals
- advising on and selling additional services and products where appropriate
- attending and assisting with meetings and training sessions
Working hours and conditions
- 40-48 Hours as required including travelling time to 1st appointment, and from last appointment
- You may work longer hours in the summer months when there are more pests to deal with Weekend and Night Work may be required.
- Inclusion on an 'out of hours’ duty rota may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
You would often work alone, driving to jobs in a van. For that reason, a valid driving licence will be essential and be at the age of 25 or over for insurances reasons.
You could work indoors or outside, depending on the type of pest you were dealing with. You may need to crawl into confined spaces or climb ladders. You would wear protective clothing such as overalls, gloves and face masks.
This work may not be suitable if you are prone to allergies or have certain skin conditions or are afraid of climbing ladders.
Training and development
You will receive induction, supervision and full training.
Your training may include courses and qualifications from the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH), British Pest Control Association (BPCA), and product suppliers.
One of the main qualifications you can work towards is the RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest Management. This is an industry-recognised course.
You will engage in an ongoing training programme for continuing professional development (CPD) and will register with the BASIS Professional Register of Managers and Pest Technicians (PROMPT).
Skills, interests and qualities
As a pest control technician/trainee, you will need:
- Excellent spoken English communication, and customer service skills
- Good written English communication for completing basic reports etc
- Good 'hands on’ practical skills for handling tools and equipment
- Be capable of operating basic digital devices e.g. mobile phones, tablets etc
- The ability to cope with unpleasant sights and smells
- Good health, Physical fitness and good eyesight
- Confidence with basic maths, for measuring and calculating doses of pesticides
- Awareness of health and safety and the environment
- Have a full, valid UK drivers licence
Pay and Benefits
- Starting Salary: £16,500.00 /year increasing upon successful qualification £25.000 OTE .
- Pension Plan
- Sales Commission opportunities
- Performance Bonus opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Fully Equipped company vehicle
- Company mobile device
- On-going training programme
If you can demonstrate the right attitude, we will give you the rest of the skills and knowledge to succeed within our growing organisation.
Benefits: - You will earn a competitive salary package including a base salary PLUS an uncapped leads commission scheme and overtime, a company vehicle and smart phone. The opportunities to progress your career are limitless for the right individual OTE £25.000
- Customer Services
- Pest Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job